Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA)
- Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act (LHWCA)
Ms. Okonkwo primarily focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and Texas Workers’ Compensation Act.
She received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2016 from Sam Houston State University, and received a Juris Doctor in 2020 from Thurgood Marshall School of Law. While in Law School, she served as Miss Thurgood Marshall School of Law on the Student Bar Association, as well as a Senior Editor on the Thurgood Marshall Law Review. Miss Okonkwo is a Member of the Houston Bar Association and Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Ms. Okonkwo served as a legal intern for the Launch Services Program at NASA Kennedy Space Center.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, magna cum laude, 2020
- Sam Houston State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, May 2021
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association