Areas of Practice
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Personal Injury Defense
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Business Organizations
- Commercial Real Estate
Carlo Varela joined Brown Sims as a law clerk in 2018 while in law school. He became an associate attorney at the firm upon is graduation and licensure in 2020.
Mr. Varela’s work includes personal injury defense, Texas and federal workers compensation defense, and issues of contract interpretation and insurance coverage.
Mr. Varela received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in 2007 from the University of St. Thomas, where he studied finance and completed the CFP® Board Certification Education Program. He received a Juris Doctor in 2019 from South Texas College of Law Houston, where he completed the transactional practice certificate program. He is a Member of the American Bar Association, the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Young Lawyers Association, the Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, the International Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi, and the Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to going to law school, Mr. Varela oversaw the finances and operations of a healthcare company, where he realized problem solving talents that he now applies in his practice and in volunteer work for organizations such as the Fulton J. Sheen Foundation.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2019
- University of St. Thomas, Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, 2007
- State Bar of Texas
Memberships & Services
- American Bar Association—Tort Trial and Insurance Section
- Texas Bar Association—Insurance Law and Health Law Sections