Areas of Practice
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
Mr. Rivera’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of claims rising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and the Defense Base Act (DBA).
Mr. Rivera earned a Law Degree with a specific formation in Banking and Commercial Law in 2012 from the Central American Technological University. After obtaining his law degree, Mr. Rivera practiced law mainly in the areas of secured financing, commercial litigation, and general civil litigation for four years.
Mr. Rivera received two LL.M. degrees in 2019 from the University of Houston Law Center, where he served as the LL.M. Representative for the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators.
- Central American Technological University, Law Degree, 2012
- University of Houston Law Center, LL.M. in U.S. Law, 2019
- University of Houston Law Center, LL.M. in Energy, Environmental, and Natural Resources Law, 2019.
- State Bar of Texas, 2020.
- Honduras’ Lawyers Association, 2012.
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association