Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA)
Ms. House’s practice primarily focuses on the defense of domestic and multinational employers and insurances in claims arising under the Longshore and Habor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), the Defense Base Act (DBA), and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA).
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Ms. House served as a judicial intern for The Honorable Kenneth Hoyt in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas. She also interned for The Honorable Terry Jennings in the Texas First Court of Appeals.
Ms. House earned a Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Medicine from the University of the Incarnate Word, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Thurgood Marshall School of Law, where she served as Lead Articles Editor for the Thurgood Marshall Law Review.
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2019
- University of the Incarnate Word, Bachelor of Science, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, 2019
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association