Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- General and Professional Liability Coverage Opinions and Litigation
- Commercial Property Coverage Opinions and Litigation
- Bad Faith Litigation
- Appellate Law
- Insurance Agent Liability
- Engineer Liability
- Construction Defect
- Property Damage and Business Loss
- Indemnity and Risk Shifting
Mr. Wilkerson practices general civil litigation at the trial and appellate levels, in state and federal courts, with a strong focus on insurance coverage and bad faith advice and litigation.
Having served the insurance industry for twenty years, Mr. Wilkerson helps adjusters early in the life of a claim to think proactively about how legal issues might develop, and to plan and prepare accordingly.
Among many positive judgments at the state and federal trial and appellate levels, Mr. Wilkerson has obtained dismissals of insurance adjusters on improper joinder grounds, and has won judgments of no coverage on questions of property damage, business risk exclusions, and the professional liability exclusion.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
- State Bar of Texas, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals – Fifth Circuit; United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
Memberships & Services
Mr. Wilkerson is a member of the Houston Bar Association, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, and the State Bar of Texas – Insurance Coverage Section, and has published on insurance coverage and risk shifting issues in the Journal of Texas Insurance Law.