Areas of Practice
- Defense Base Act
- General Civil Litigation
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act
Ms. Oguejiofor’s practice primarily focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Defense Base Act (DBA), the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA).
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Ms. Oguejiofor worked as an attorney for prominent personal injury firms in Texas specializing in commercial accidents, premises liability, and product liability claims. While in law school, Ms. Oguejiofor worked as a law clerk in the Office of General Counsel at Houston Community College and secured coveted legislative and judicial internships within the Texas State Senate, Harris County Judicial Court, and the United States District Court in the Southern District of Texas for The Honorable Judge Vanessa D. Gilmore.
Ms. Oguejiofor earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Certificate in European Union Politics from Texas A&M University in 2013. She earned a Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law in 2019. During law school, Ms. Oguejiofor earned numerous school accolades including Dean’s List honors, Associate Editor for Law Journal, and top finishes in mock trial competitions.
Outside of the office, Ms. Oguejiofor is an active member of the community and serves on numerous professional organizations.
Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2019
- Dean’s List
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law Journal, Associate Editor
- The Catherine Haley Shaw Mock Trial Competition, First Place
- The Helen Dawn Williams Mock Trial Competition, Second Place
- Eastern District of Texas Bar Association, Scholarship Recipient
- Student Bar Association, Section Representative
Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Certificate in European Union Politics, 2013
- Regent Scholar
- Study Abroad Participant – University of Passau, Passau, Germany
- State Bar of Texas, 2019
Memberships & Services
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- The National Congress of Black Women, Inc. – Houston Metropolitan Chapter