Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Employment Law
Courtney E. Scruggs is an Associate Attorney in the firm’s Houston office, focusing her practice primarily on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and the Defense Base Act (DBA).
Ms. Scruggs earned a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University in College Station in 2016, and graduated magna cum laude from South Texas College of Law in 2021. During law school, Ms. Scruggs was president of the Real Estate and Construction Law Society and received several scholarships from the Houston Bar Association Real Estate section. Ms. Scruggs received CALI Excellence Awards for Comparative Legal Systems in 2021 and International Law in 2020. Ms. Scruggs is also a certified mediator.
Ms. Scruggs was admitted to the Texas Bar in October 2021. She is currently a member of Houston Young Lawyer’s Association and Houston Bar Association.
- South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, magna cum laude, 2021
- Texas A&M University in College Station, Bachelor of Science, 2016
- Admitted to bar, 2021, Texas.
Memberships & Services
- Houston Bar Association and Houston Young Lawyer Association