Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act
- Longshore & Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Defense Base Act
Most of Mr. Sewell’s work focuses on defense of domestic and multinational employers and insurances in claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), the Defense Base Act (DBA), and the Texas Worker’s Compensation Act (TWCA).
Mr. Sewell earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of South Florida, and received a Doctor of Jurisprudence in 2019 from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. While at the University of Florida, Mr. Sewell participated in an interstate trial competition as a member of UF Law’s Trial Team. Mr. Sewell also served as the chairman for the UF Law’s Entertainment and Sports Law Symposium.
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Mr. Sewell served as a legal intern in the legal department at the headquarters of the National Football League.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2019
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, 2020.
Memberships & Services
- Houston Bar Association