Areas of Practice
- Appellate Law
- Construction Defect
- Education Law
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Public Entity Liability
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- State Workers’ Compensation
Most of Lane’s work focuses on trials of all types of casualty matters, from industrial plant explosions to trucking to unlawful arrest and injury. He has tried more than 1,500 matters to conclusion, over half have been jury trials. He has argued in Louisiana Appellate Courts more than 750 times and in the Louisiana Supreme Court over 50 times.
In one tragic multi-party accident involving 12 vehicles totally lost and 6 persons killed, some by burning, Lane tried a clear liability matter in Federal Court in Louisiana and saved his insurance client more than $20 million.
Recently, knowledge of the legal system led to his devising a plan and making a recovery of nearly $500,000.00 paid by an insured company to the injured worker of its subcontractor. The plan devised was not thought of by the insurer client nor by the insured and when announced, was thought to be farfetched.
Ingenuity, diligence and the attitude that he will make any matter better than it would have been without his representation, Lane’s clients have been pleased with his representation over many years.
- Tulane University, Juris Doctorate 1969
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Bachelor of Arts 1968
- Admitted to Bar 1969, Louisiana; Texas 2007
- United States District Court Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States District Court Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal
Memberships & Services
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Former President Lafayette Bar Association
- Former Member Board of Governors, Louisiana Bar Association
- Former Member House of Delegates, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association Ethics Advisory Committee