Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Claims Act
- Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Business Formation
- Healthcare Liability
Lucas Bernardo, licensed to practice in Florida and Washington, is an associate with the firm whose defense-oriented practice focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and the Defense Base Act, and complex litigation matters, including products liability, wrongful death defense, premises liability and personal injury defense.
Mr. Bernardo earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Miami. Mr. Bernardo earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Seattle University School of Law, where he served as member of the Moot Court Board and senior editor of the Seattle Journal for Social Justice. During law school, Mr. Bernardo served as judicial intern to Justice Mary I. Yu of the Washington State Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Mr. Bernardo clerked for the Honorable Richard Hersch of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court of Florida, and served as Assistant State Attorney at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office.
- Seattle University School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2016
- University of Miami, Bachelor of Arts, 2013