Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Maritime Litigation
- Labor/Employment Law
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- DTPA/Consumer Law Workers’ Compensation Claims
Ms. Sanchez’ practice focuses on the defense of labor and employment cases, including the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and the Defense Base Act, as well as commercial litigation and personal injury litigation.
Ms. Sanchez earned her Juris Doctorate from Florida International University College of Law in 2018. While attending law school, Ms. Sanchez was a member of the Board of Appellate Advocacy and was a Quarter Finalist in the National Latino/a Law Student Association Moot Court Competition. She was also a member of the Negotiation and Mediation Team. Ms. Sanchez received the Academic Excellence Book Award in Criminal Law and was listed on the Dean’s list for five semesters. Additionally, she participated in the school’s study abroad program, where she spent a summer living and taking classes in Sevilla, Spain.
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Ms. Sanchez worked for a complex commercial litigation firm dealing with high profile cases regarding intellectual property, international law, and business law. Additionally, Ms. Sanchez previously served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Migna Sanchez-Llorens at the 11th Judicial Circuit Court in the Civil Division. During the internship, Ms. Sanchez attended hearings, trials, and was able to engage in discussions regarding evidentiary rulings and trial tactics. Ms. Sanchez also served as an intern at the City of Miami – Office of the City Attorney, where she helped a Senior Assistant City Attorney handle personal injury litigation.
Ms. Sanchez has always been committed to giving back to the community. During law school, she received an award for outstanding contribution and work in the FIU Law Community Lawyering Clinic. Currently, she volunteers at Camillus House and provides pro-bono legal services at Dade Legal Aid regarding family law matters.
- Florida International University, Doctor of Jurisprudence, top 22% rank, 2018
- Miami Dade College, Bachelor of Applied Science in Public Safety Management and Criminal Justice, summa cum laude, 2013
Memberships & Services
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Miami Dade County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Florida Bar
- Portuguese – Intermediate