Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Employment Law
Ms. Dougherty’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and the Defense Base Act (DBA).
Ms. Dougherty earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Anthropology with a Minor in History from The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. There, she served as a Senator and was appointed to a Cabinet position with the Associated Student Government. Ms. Dougherty earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law, where she worked as a Research Assistant for a fellow professor.
- South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2016
- The University of Arkansas, Bachelor of Arts, 2013
- Admitted to bar, 2016, Texas
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association