Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA)
- Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act (LHWCA)
Mr. Amagwula’s practice primarily focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Defense Base Act (DBA), the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA).
He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2015 from Prairie View A&M University, and earned a Juris Doctor from Thurgood Marshall School of Law in 2018. Mr. Amagwula then went on to earn his LLM from the University of Miami School of Law in 2019. While in Law School he served as an Associate Editor of the Thurgood Marshall Law Review. Mr. Amagwula is a Member of the Houston Bar Association and Houston Young Lawyers Association.
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Mr. Amagwula served as a Staff Attorney at the Earl Carl Institute for Legal and Social Policy.
- University of Miami School of Law, cum laude, LLM, 2019
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, cum laude, 2018
- Prairie View A&M University, Bachelors of Arts, cum laude 2015
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association