Areas of Practice
- Defense Base Act
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Federal Workers’ Compensation
- Texas Workers’ Compensation
Ms. Brown’s primary practice area focuses on defense of claims under the Defense Base Act (DBA), the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation (LHWCA), and the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA).
Prior to working at Brown Sims, P.C. Ms. Brown worked as a Hearing Officer for the Texas Workforce Commission. While in law school Ms. Brown was an intern for the Innocence Project, clerk for the 11th District Court under Judge Kristen Hawkins, and interned for The Law Office of Marcus Ester and The Telfair Firm.
Ms. Brown received a Bachelor of Art in 2017 from the University of Texas at Arlington, studied Political Science and minored in Criminal Justice and Business Administration, and received a Juris Doctor in 2020 from Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude 2020
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Associate Editor
- Women of Law, Treasurer
- Criminal Law Society, Treasurer
University of Texas at Arlington, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2017
- Moot Court Nation Competitor
- Moot Court Top Speaker Award
- Moot Court Quarter Finalist
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Wayne Watts AT&T Pre-Law Scholarship Recipient
- State Bar of Texas
Memberships & Services
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated
- Christian Legal Society