Areas of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime, including Jones Act claims, collision/allision, and offshore injuries
- Business Formation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defects
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employer Liability
- Governmental Entities, including Municipal Utility Districts
- Healthcare Liability, including medical malpractice and dental malpractice
- Insurance, including coverage disputes and bad faith claims
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability, including legal malpractice, accounting malpractice, architects, and engineers
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Transportation, including trucking and automobile accidents
The third lawyer in his family, John Davis has a strong gut instinct that rarely lets him down. Whether good or bad, John offers clients exactly what they expect from a lawyer: the bottom line. Mr. Davis lets his clients know up front what they can expect.
Where trial is the best or only option for his clients, Mr. Davis’ clients know that he brings experience and results to the table. Over the last 15 years, Mr. Davis has tried a number of cases in both state and federal courts throughout Texas. Mr. Davis has also defended clients facing complaints before the Texas Medical Board, the Texas Dental Board, and the State Bar of Texas. When trial is not the best choice for his clients, Mr. Davis assists his clients in minimizing exposure and maximizing their opportunity for success.
Mr. Davis earned his Bachelor of Arts degree (cum laude) from Midwestern State University in 1996 and his Juris Doctor from South Texas College of Law in 1999. He is admitted to practice before the U. S. District Court for the Southern, Western, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
He is a Member of the State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association, American Bar Association, the Association of American Trial Lawyers, and the Defense Research Institute.
- South Texas College of Law (Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1999).
- Midwestern State University (Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 1996)
- State Bar of Texas, 1999
- United States Federal District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States Federal District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States Federal District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Honors & Recognitions
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Texas Super Lawyers, 2014
- Named Top Lawyer in Admiralty/ Maritime by Houstonia Magazine, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: A/V Preeminent, 2013
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Texas Super Lawyers, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: A/V Preeminent, 2012
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Texas Super Lawyers, 2012
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in Texas Super Lawyers, 2011
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of American Trial Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute