Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Workers’ Compensation
Ms. Boyd’s work primarily focuses on the defense of domestic and multinational employers and their insurance companies in claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and the Defense Base Act. She joined Brown Sims in September 2021.
Ms. Boyd earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Geology from Colby College, her Master of Science degree in Earth and Planetary Sciences from the University of Tennessee, and her Juris Doctor degree from Vanderbilt Law School.
During law school, Ms. Boyd served as a student attorney in the Vanderbilt Turner Community Enterprise Clinic, served as an Articles Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, and worked as a research assistant to Professor Jennifer Shinall. Ms. Boyd also worked as a summer clerk for Justice Roger A. Page of the Tennessee Supreme Court.
- Vanderbilt Law School, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2021
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Master of Science, 2018
- Colby College, Bachelor of Arts, with honors, 2014
- State Bar of Texas, 2021
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers