Areas of Practice
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- General Civil Litigation
Ms. Sherman’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and the Defense Base Act (DBA).
Prior to joining Brown Sims, Ms. Sherman worked as a public defender representing clients charged with felony offenses and appearing before the trial court on a regular basis. Additionally, Ms. Sherman previously served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Ellen L. Koblitz (Retired) of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division. In this role, she was responsible for writing memoranda articulating why the court should affirm or reverse a lower court’s decision, as well as editing judicial opinions.
Ms. Sherman earned her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2018. While attending law school, Ms. Sherman was a comments editor for the Seton Hall Circuit Review and a member of Seton Hall Law’s Immigrants’ Rights/International Human Rights Clinic.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2018
- The University of Vermont, Bachelor of Arts, 2011
- Admitted to bar, 2019, New Jersey
- Admitted to bar, 2020, Texas
- Admitted to bar, 2020, New York
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of New Jersey
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association