Areas of Practice
- First Party/Bad Faith Claims
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Transportation Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
Mr. Cavanagh has achieved consistent recognition for his legal ability and professional ethics, as reflected by the opinions of his peers and members of the judiciary. He has also consistently achieved national recognition in his Insurance Litigation and Personal Injury practice.
Having litigated on both sides of the docket, Mr. Cavanagh brings an aggressive style of litigation to the table along with insider knowledge related to plaintiff’s personal injury matters involving complex personal injury and wrongful death. He has extensive experience in navigating matters involving allegations of significant spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and wrongful death.
Mr. Cavanagh’s practice also encompasses insurance coverage matters, SIU investigations, insurance coverage investigations, as well as coverage opinions. His detail-oriented approach allows him to routinely counsel and advise his clients in their investigations, in anticipation of litigation, and in navigating through litigation. This also allows Mr. Cavanagh to advise his clients on their future strategic footing after litigation.
As a native Houstonian, Mr. Cavanagh is active in various bar associations, alumni activities, and local political activities. He is actively involved in various advocacy and diversity initiatives at both the state and national levels.
- Charlotte School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2012
- Rice University, Master of Business Administration, 2023
- University of Houston, Bachelor of Arts, 2008
- State Bar of Texas
- All State Trial & Appellate Courts
- United States Federal District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Memberships & Services
- Houston Bar Association
- Committee Member & Student Mentor, LGBT+ Section – Houston Bar Association
- Member of the LGBT+ National Bar Association
- 2020 & 2021 Nationally Ranked, Top 10 Under 40 Lawyers, National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- 2023 Best Lawyers in America Recognition for Insurance Law in the 29th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- 2024 Best Lawyers in America Recognition for Insurance Law and Insurance Litigation in the 30th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America