Areas Of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation and Disputes
- Consumer Law and Products Liability
- Securities and Transactional Litigation
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
Cody Frank is a versatile trial and appellate litigator handling complex, high-stakes lawsuits in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Mr. Frank focuses his practice primarily on state and federal appeals and provides support to trial counsel on dispositive or significant motions. He has substantial experience representing and counseling corporations and individuals across a diverse range of industries on domestic and international matters involving admiralty, insurance coverage, indemnity and defense, breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, fraud and deceptive allegations, and catastrophic negligence. His efforts regularly result in early dismissals of claims.
Mr. Frank has represented all types of cases—big and small, civil and criminal—from inception to resolution, whether through mediation, arbitration, pre-trial dispositive ruling, a jury verdict, or an appellate decision. He also handled a federal consumer products liability class action before the United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation and worked on an intellectual property dispute before the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Frank is a relentless advocate for his clients, leveraging discovery and other investigative tools to achieve their strategic and business objectives.
Mr. Frank also has a robust pro bono practice, assisting in representing abused, neglected, and abandoned children in appeals brought in Florida’s District Courts of Appeal. Each year he strives to devote 100+ hours to the Florida Statewide Guardian ad Litem Office in protecting the rights and interests of the most vulnerable population, children.
Mr. Frank is a Florida State University graduate and earned his law degree from St. Thomas University School of Law, graduating on the Dean’s List and with other accolades. He is a member of the Florida and New York bars. He is admitted to practice in the federal courts of Florida, the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D.
- Dean’s List
- Phi Delta Phi honorary society, Member
- Book Award for the highest possible grade in White Collar Crime (taught by Third District Court of Appeal Judge David L. Levy) and Transnational Litigation
- Pro Bono Commendation Award
- Research Assistant, Professor Patricia W. Moore, Congressional Hearing on The State of Class Actions Ten Years After the Class Action Fairness Act (“CAFA”)
- St. Thomas Journal of Complex Litigation, Editor & Contributing Author
- Journal of Student Research, Co-Founder & Editor
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Certificate in Dispute Resolution
- Harvard Law School, Certificate in Negotiation
- Florida State University, B.S.
- All Florida Courts
- All New York Courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation
Honors & Distinctions
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2023
- Florida Guardian ad Litem’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2022
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section’s Best Interests Defender Award, 2021
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section’s Pro Bono Service Award, 2020
Memberships & Associations
- Appellate Practice Section of The Florida Bar, Member
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar, Member
- Admiralty Law Committee of The Florida Bar, Member
- Lee County Bar Association, Member