Margarita M. Downes
1990 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 1800Houston, Texas 77056 (as of May 1st) work
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Texas Workers’ Compensation Act (TWCA)
- Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act (LHWCA)
Ms. Downes primarily focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and Defense Base Act.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts in European History and French language from Tufts University in 2012. Ms. Downes graduated from The City Law School, City University of London in 2014 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honors). She subsequently received her Master of Laws from the University of Houston Law Center in 2018.
Ms. Downes is a member of the Houston Bar Association and Houston Young Lawyers Association.
- University of Houston Law Center, LLM, 2018
- The City Law School, City University of London, LLB, 2014
- Tufts University, BA, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, 2018
Memberships & Services
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas