Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Third Party Insurance Defense
- First Party Insurance Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability
- Maritime Litigation
Matthew Ferman joined Brown Sims as an associate attorney in 2018. He attended Florida State University as an undergraduate where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing and Sport Management in 2014. As an undergraduate, he served as an intern in the Florida State University Athletic Department where he worked for the Division I basketball team. Mr. Ferman also interned with a local law firm during his undergraduate study where he gained his first exposure to legal practice.
Mr. Ferman earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Miami School of Law in 2017. While in law school, Mr. Ferman proudly worked as a law clerk at Brown Sims beginning in 2015. Additionally, Mr. Ferman served as an intern in the University of Miami Athletic Department Compliance Division where he gained invaluable experience serving as a liaison between the NCAA and a major collegiate athletic program.
Mr. Ferman’s practice focuses on insurance defense litigation, complex commercial litigation, premises liability as well as personal injury claims. He recognizes the critical importance of early and accurate case evaluation and the need for regular communication with clients and carriers alike.
- University of Miami School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2017
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Science in Marketing and Sport Management, 2014
- Florida Bar – Admitted in 2018
- United States District Court – Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court – Middle District of Florida
Memberships & Services
- American Bar Association