Areas of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability
Nicholas J. Cenac’s special practice area is in admiralty and maritime litigation. He has handled numerous maritime disputes representing multi-national shipping companies, energy exploration companies, oil field contractors and suppliers, and their insurers.
Mr. Cenac earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Washington graduating magna cum laude in 2009. Mr. Cenac earned his Juris Doctor and Maritime Law Certificate from Tulane Law School in 2012.
At Tulane Law School, he was a member of the Moot Court Executive Board and participated as a coach and competitor in the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. Mr. Cenac also served as the President of the Tulane Law School Disability and Health Law Society. In 2013, Mr. Cenac was awarded honorary membership in the Order of Barristers.
After graduating from Tulane Law School, Mr. Cenac served as a law clerk to the Hon. Jay C. Zainey at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. He also formerly served as the Co-Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Legal Services for Persons with Disabilities Committee.
Mr. Cenac is licensed to practice in both Texas and Louisiana.
Mr. Cenac and his wife recently celebrated the birth of their first child.
- Tulane Law School, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2012
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2009
- Admitted to bar, 2012, Louisiana. Court Admissions: United States District Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana.
- Admitted to bar, 2021, Texas.
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of Louisiana, State Bar of Texas, and Federal Bar Association.