Stephanie D. Veech
Areas of Practice
- Admiralty and Maritime Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- General Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Jones Act
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act (LWCA)
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
Ms. Veech’s practice primarily focuses on the defense of claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA), the Defense Base Act (DBA), and the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act (LWCA).
Ms. Veech received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History with Minors in Business and Religious Studies in 2015 from Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee. Ms. Veech earned a Doctor of Jurisprudence, with a certificate in Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2019. While there, she served on the Editorial Board for the Loyola Maritime Law Journal and on the Executive Board of the Maritime Law Society. She was also published in the Loyola Maritime Law Journal in winter 2018. In addition to receiving her law degree, Ms. Veech received a Master of Business Administration from Loyola University New Orleans College of Business in 2019.
Ms. Veech was a Law Clerk at Brown Sims during her final year of law school before becoming an associate attorney.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence; Certificate in Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship, 2019
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Business, Master of Business Administration, 2019
- Rhodes College, B.A. History, 2015
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to bar, 2019, Louisiana.
Memberships & Services
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association