Sydney S. Barker
Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Defense Base Act (DBA)
- Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA)
- Employment Law
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
Sydney Barker is an Associate Attorney at the firm’s Houston office. Ms. Barker’s practice focuses primarily on defense claims arising under the Longshore Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) and the Defense Base Act (DBA).
Ms. Barker earned her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a Business minor graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2017 from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. During her career as a Human Resources manager she became intrigued with employment law and policies and decide to go to law school. She received a Juris Doctor in 2022 from The University of Houston Law Center. She is a Member of the Houston Bar Association.
Ms. Barker’s hobbies include spending time with friends and family, walking her dog Barley, working out, reading, painting, knitting and crocheting.
- University of Houston Law Center, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2022
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2017
- State Bar of Texas, 2022
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association