William "Danny" Abbott
Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Bad Faith Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Premises Liability
- Construction Defect
- DTPA/Consumer Law
Mr. Abbott appreciates that clients need efficient representation. Therefore, he works quickly to assess the legal issues presented in a case in order to assist the client in deciding how to proceed, whether through resolving a claim or case early in litigation or proceeding through trial. He approaches every legal problem with an emphasis on clarity and precision, always seeking to achieve his clients’ definition of success. In both litigation and coverage cases, Mr. Abbott diligently works to ensure the client’s needs are regularly and timely addressed. Lauded by his peers for his record of success and client service excellence, Mr. Abbott was recognized as a top up-and-coming attorney as a Texas Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2019 through 2022.
Mr. Abbott’s long experience in litigation provides the client with superior handling in first- and third-party insurance defense. He represents clients inside and outside the courtroom in a wide range of litigation, including insurance defense and coverage, premises liability, personal injury, construction defect, and DTPA/consumer matters.
A native Houstonian, when Mr. Abbott is not working, he likes to spend time with his wife and daughter. He also enjoys playing soccer on weekends.
Mr. Abbott received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 2010 from Texas State University, and received his Juris Doctor degree in 2013 from South Texas College of Law. He is a Member of the Houston Bar Association, State Bar of Texas – Insurance Law Section, and Houston Young Lawyers Association.
- South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, cum laude, 2013
Awards for academic excellence
Member, Pro Bono Honors Program
- Texas State University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2010
- State Bar of Texas, 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2016
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2017
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2018
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2018
Memberships & Services
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas – Insurance Law Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association